Thursday, July 11, 2013

Freight Car Trucks

From Richard Hendrickson's Freight Car Trucks, June 26, 2013

I shouldn't assume that everyone else knows about this kind of stuff before I do, so it bears pointing out that Tony Thompson has posted an update to the really fine compilation of HO scale freight car trucks by Richard Hendrickson. Richard provides an invaluable tool to anyone who is trying to model rolling stock in a prototypical manner. 

Someday I'll turn my attention to these finer points, but at the moment I'm deep into trying to translate a prototype track plan into a layout. The nuances of balancing reality, operability and presentation are challenging enough at the moment, so the fine scale modeling is on hold.

Oh, and in case I haven't said this before, Tony's blog always provides thoughtful, well-researched posts especially in the areas of freight car modeling and waybills.

No comments:

Post a Comment