Friday, August 7, 2009

Car Repair Shed

Floor is old concrete with some mud weathering smudged around.
Floor is old concrete with some mud weathering smudged around.
Just finished an N scale car repair shed kit by Heljin. Simple kit, but I spent a lot of time on the weathering to give it a heavily rusted exterior. I used mostly Bragdon dark and light rust powders as well as some Poly Scale paint and Tamiya weathering "make up" system.
This is all Bragdon powder on the main surfaces. Only paint used was on floor and trim.
This is all Bragdon powder on the main surfaces. Only paint used was on floor and trim.
I'm a huge fan of the Bragdon powders, and I was able to use only the powders on the main surface of the corrugated metal siding without painting the pieces first. the original plastic is molded in silver, and the few area that show work fine. The concrete interior floor is painted old concrete with the Tamiya mud applied sparingly to dirty up the place.
I had about 15 pounds of help from Arresto.
I had about 15 pounds of help from Arresto, my scale figure.
I have to be careful and keep an eye out for Arresto when I sit down to work at the workbench. Sometimes he just really wants to help me with a project, and I have to humor him for a few minutes while he helps. He usually harmlessly moves along, but I have to move my paint water, drinks and glue out of the way until he does. The fur he leaves in his wake is especially voluminous in the summer time. Some day I'm going to try to use it as landscaping grass on the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment